teaching and learning

My photo
i've been in love ...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Playlist

And she's chosen to believe
in the hymns her mother sings …

Words are flying out
like endless rain into a paper cup …

Caught by a wave my back to the ocean.
It knocks me off my feet …

I'll get used to this eventually
I know, I know …

Then the light begins to shine and I hear those ancient lullabies
And as I watched this seedling grow, feel my heart start to overflow …

Couldn't find it in your eyes
But I'm sure it's written all over my face …

I don’t know why nobody told you
How to unfold your love …

And though your dreams may toss and turn you now
They will vanish away like your daddy’s best jeans …

And the streets don’t change
but maybe the names …

And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph,
And sail on this steel breeze …

I know we can’t all stay here forever
So I want to write my words on the face of today …

And just as I find my footing
here you come again …

And the things you can't remember
Tell the things you can't forget that ….

When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose
You're invisible now, got no secrets to conceal …

Well if mercy's a business, I wish it for you
More than just ashes when your dreams come true …

Whatever colors you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine …

And the gift she sends to me
a solitary way …

I changed
by not changing at all …

Will the wind ever remember the names
it has blown in the past? …

Freedom is just another word
for nothing left to lose …

So hold nice and close once you get down to your soul
So that when it is cold you won't feel so alone …

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain …

And maybe you can believe it if it helps you to sleep
But singing works just fine for me …

No comments: