teaching and learning

My photo
i've been in love ...

Saturday, October 11, 2008

.~. close your eyes .~.

written in the early morning hours after a caffeine-induced all-nighter staring at computer screens under penetrating fluorescent lights. still don't dream like i used to ...

haven't been this inspired in a long time ... think it's time i did something about that. listening for a voice ...


laying on the edge of sleep
between blankets of shit undone
exhaustion breaking down the walls
Ive kept up with caffeine and adrenaline
too tired to be anyone but me
or to feel anything but this
deep desire to hold you
as if at any moment you might be blown away
and I might wake up alone again
another night gone by
but here, between next and now,
I cant help but believe my arms were made to fit around your waist
tracing the line of your pants with a painters grace
pausing to lay my palm against your warm skin
listening to our heartbeats synchronize
smelling your special blend
of vanilla and apple scent
closing all space between the small of your back
and my chest
my lips are called to their prodigal purpose
dancing along that space on your neck
just below your ear
that I cannot kiss without making you squirm
you whisper my name unconsciously
your beautiful voice coming to me from memory
and just as im about to slip away into darkness
to meet you on a familiar beach at sunset
with white sand and long shadows
the stars so close im tempted to pick one out of the sky for you
and let it glow in our room like a constant candle
how about the north star? Or orions belt buckle?
nothing but the best I would say
and as I drift off wishing this were more than a dream
your fingers find mine and our hands embrace
and I know
that I'll never sleep so well again

No comments: