teaching and learning

My photo
i've been in love ...

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Propers

Been meaning to throw these up for a while ... couple of postings from Big Poppa E's LiveJournal Blog.

The first was a post he wrote just after visiting Moss Point last May. Cheris Smith, a senior in my Creative Writing and Poetry Club, had been corresponding with him via email in the hopes of getting him to come host her Poetry Slam - which I had convinced her to put on for her Senior Project since she was such a natural with the pen. Within a few months, I was driving to New Orleans to pick him up and am still being inspired by him today.

The next one is an article published in the MS Press Register just after the show. Here are two video clips from the show he posted (which aren't working at the moment but he has assured me would be again soon) and the letter of recommendation that I wrote which he posted on his site as well. I threw it together on my off period one day months later, rushed between meetings and deadlines, and am a little embarassed by some of the errors but I guess I got my message across.


No comments: